Teeth whitening is the least invasive of all dental cosmetic treatments. It is safe, fast and inexpensive; an effective way to brighten natural teeth discoloured or stained by age or chemical. Most patients can expect to brighten their teeth by 8 to 10 shades after the whitening procedure.
While safe, some individuals do experience some degree of transient tooth sensitivity; this can however be managed by your dentist.
Do you have stained teeth from too much coffee/tea or smoking? Or you may be born with naturally discoloured teeth (intrinsic stains)? Teeth whitening is frequently used to treat mild to moderate surface and intrinsic stains.
After 2-3 weeks of ‘home’ whitening or 1 hour of ‘In-office’ whitening, you will be able to achieve your sparkling dream smile. However, longer whitening periods will be required for more severe discolourations (like Tetracycline stains).
This is important to ensure many years of enjoyment of your new smile.
As part of Peace Dentistry’s whitening protocol, we recommend that all our patients maintain the brightness of their teeth regularly (2 to 3 months) with their customized home-whitening trays. These customised home-whitening trays are crafted in our in-house dental laboratory to ensure excellent fit, greater comfort and satisfaction among our patients.
Treatment Process (Home-whitening)
This is an easy 15 minute procedure.
- A detailed aesthetic analysis of your smile is conducted as well as assessment of your dietary habits and expectation. Counselling may be done concerning the right thing to eat after whitening.
- Moulds are taken of both your upper and lower jaws. This allows our in-house technicians to customize (bespoke) the whitening trays to fit you perfectly.
- The bespoke process takes a few hours to complete. Should you prefer, you may even request to collect them on the same day so that you can start on the whitening straight away! Just ask us!
- When the trays are ready, you will be given special whitening gels (available in various concentrations) for the whitening. You will then be shown how to apply the gels and do the whitening.
- Apply and wear the trays for between 30 minutes to 2 hours (depending on whitening gel concentrations.
- To return to our dentists for review of results in 3 to 4 weeks.
- Do remember to do your maintenance!
- Tip: If you have a big party or an important event that you are attending and would want to be in your best smile, a week before the event, you can put the trays on for 1 or 2 applications.
Treatment Process (In-office whitening)
The in-office whitening procedure lasts about 1 hour, but do set aside 1.5hours for discussion and preparation.
- A detailed aesthetic analysis of your smile is conducted. This will include an assessment of your dietary habits and expectations. Counselling may be done concerning the kind of food and beverage you can or may not consume after whitening for best results.
- Moulds are taken of both your upper and lower jaws. This allows our in-house technicians to bespoke the whitening trays to fit you perfectly.
- After cleaning your teeth, your dentist will help you put the gum guard on to protect your lips and gums against the highly concentrated whitening gel.
- The ‘light-sensitive’ whitening gel is then placed on to the surface of the teeth, then, specially filtered Plasma. light is shone on the teeth to speed up the whitening process.
- After 3 to 4 ‘cycles’ the whitening process completes and you now have your new smile!
- Your dentist will advise you on the collection of your maintenance trays.
TOOTH WHITENING PLASMA
|Tooth Whitening plasma pola office at Peace Dentistry|
|Tooth Whitening at home||64|
|Tooth Whitening for root canal teeth||52|
|Gel tooth Whitening at home||13|
|Tray of whitening||13|