Do you have large silver or gold fillings that show when you speak or smile? Or you may have large cavities in your back teeth that may be too big for normal fillings to be used?
Inlays and onlays, usually done in porcelain and are excellent solutions for the above situations. They are significantly stronger than normal fillings (like Amalgams and Composite Resins) but their preparation do not require the complete preparation of the teeth involved like those needed in Crowns.
Inlays and onlays are bonded to the natural teeth. They have the effect of reinforcing the teeth and remaining tooth structure.
Significantly stronger than normal fillings, inlays and onlays can:
- Restore large cavities or replace large fillings effectively and predictably.
- Made of porcelain, once bonded they are not only strong, but look natural; unlike amalgams which are black or silver.
- It is a more conservative approach than having crowns fixed on if the natural tooth is structurally intact.
- Consultation appointment (Approximately 30 min)
Detailed examination and analysis of your occlusion (bite), to check for any parafunction (like night-grinding/clenching).
- First appointment (Approximately 1 hour)
Prepare the teeth and take impressions for the inlays/onlays.
- Our dentists will work with our in-house laboratory to fabricate the inlays and onlays for you.
- Second appointment (Approximately 1 hour)
Seating of completed inlays/onlays and permanently bonding them to the teeth.
- Review of completed inlays/onlays.
Do note that in some cases when patients have parafunctional habits like night-grinding (Bruxism) or clenching, night-guards may be prescribed for the protection of your inlays/onlays.
|Wisdom Tooth||35 - 108|
|Gum Treatment (Periodontics)||22 - 108|
|Root Canal Treatment||35 - 52|
|Inlays And Onlays (Zirconia, Cercon)||172|